The Busy Season
Real Estate Professionals can start to prepare right now for the‘busy’ season in a variety of ways and create a plan that will set them up for success when the flowers begin to bloom.
The first rule of thumb is realizing that ‘springtime’ in the Real Estate world actually starts in January. CEO and designated broker for Findwell Real Estate states, “Right after the first of the year, there’s a burst of activity from people who have been waiting for the holiday to be over.” Lisota says, “It ramps up to about mid-May, which is when most people are listing for sale, and that continues pretty strongly through the summer [when] you’ll see listings tail off.” Although it may not necessarily be the best time of year to buy/sell a house (more on this later), it’s certainly the busiest time for a real estate professional. Preparing for this time is essential if you want to stay ahead of the curve and actually quite easy if you build a routine of a few simple steps to turn many of these ‘tire-kickers’ into potential buyers:
- Financial– Take a look at your finances from the previous year and see what YOU did right and what YOU did wrong. Where can YOU save? Where can YOU spend?
- Educate Yourself– Do some market research on not just your local market, but real estate as an industry. Find out what has changed, what is to come, new strategies, who the current trailblazers are and what they are doing, etc.
- New Technologies– What are the newest technologies driving the digital change in real estate? How can YOU utilize them to grow your personal brand?
- Social Media– Social Media is no longer an option for real estate professionals. Use different social media platforms to post listings, grow your network and gain potential clients.
- Utilize Free Resources– What sort of resources are at your disposal that can boost your personal business? What free resources does NAR offer? Your brokerage? The UNbrokerage offers quite a few…
- Consider a Different Commission Model– Now is a great time to look at your commission model and see if it is working for YOU. Perhaps you should consider a 100% commission based model where YOU can save more and reinvest back into your business.
- Trends of the Local Market– What is going on in your local market? Is there a new school being built? Or a new strip mall in one of your neighborhoods?
- Check out the Competition– What are your competitors doing? And is it working? Learning from the competition is an excellent way to create success with your personal business.
- Goals for Next Year– Creating a list of goals for yourself for next year is a great way to track your progress and stay on top of what needs to be done throughout the year.
With 2018 already underway, now is the perfect time for YOU to start preparing for the busiest season of the year. It’s not too late, but soon it will be! Use our tips to begin your preparations and get ahead of the competition. This is going to be the year for YOU!